We are Company Committed to Nature
1 French person out of 2 expects companies to commit to Nature.
We are officially, since last February 12th, recognized as "Entrerpise Engaged for Nature", with only 24 other French companies to date!
The "Entreprises engagées pour la nature-act4nature France" program, run by the French Office for Biodiversity, brings together companies whose ambition is to commit to biodiversity. It commits the companies admitted to the program through an action plan and the signature of 10 principles. The implementation and results of the action plan are then both monitored by an external evaluator, commissioned by the French Office for Biodiversity (OFB), which is the program's sponsor.
Our winegrowers and our employees are committed to Nature
- The French Biodiversity Office recognizes our action in the field of ecological transition through :
- reducing the use of chemistry,
- the restoration of biodiversity,
- preservation and regeneration of soil capital,
- natural resource management
This is concretized by :
- facilities for biodiversity (nesting boxes, beehives, hedge planting, grassed inter-row spaces, use of honey flowers, etc.),
- fauna and flora balances,
- the part of our vineyard labeled High Environmental Value and in-conversion Organic Agriculture,
- the prohibition of certain phytosanitary products,
- the use of organic and non-chemical fertilizers,
- cover crop,
- payment for environmental services from our member winegrowers
- the Bee Friendly partnership / beehives in our vineyard,
- our certification and approach based on Agriconfiance,
- the phyto-purification plant (treatment of our production water only by plants, without chemicals),
- the ecodesign policy,
- responsible purchasing policy,
- commitment to the 1% for the Planet approach,
- the LPO Refuge ("Ligue de Protection des Oiseaux", BirdLife France) in the park of the Château de Buzet
"Engagés pour la Nature" is an initiative of the Ministry of Ecological Transition supported by the French Biodiversity Office. It is intended for companies, territories and partners who are committed to biodiversity. This initiative aims to strengthen the mobilization of the whole of civil society to halt the erosion of biodiversity. The "Engagés pour la nature-act4nature France" program is open to everyone, businesses, local authorities and citizen partners.